7.29.2011

Are Burdens Bad?

Until recently, I thought of burdens as a bad thing.  Jesus' cross was a burden - how could a burden ever be a positive thing?   It was a blog entry by Perry Noble that made me stop and think.  He writes, "You have been burdened/bothered by the Most High God in regards to what he specifically wants you to do regarding His will."  

I thought, "God is bothering me?  Like a little kid poking me to get him a juice box?  Of course not...maybe I don't know what burden really means..."  So I looked it up.  

Burden- something that is carried; duty; responsibility

So God, my Heavenly Father who loves me, has made it my responsibility, my duty, to carry out the calling He has placed on my life.  Maybe if I don't listen he'll poke me like a little kid would, but am I being a faithful disciple if I don't hear and respond?  And has God really put the right people around me to help carry my burden?  

I know without a doubt God has placed me where He wants me and continues to burden me (poking when I don't listen) with what He wills for my life.  I hope you, my friends, will help me with these responsibilities and will allow us in The Porch community to do the same for you.

What are some of your burdens?  How can we be praying for you?

-Neal

No comments:

Post a Comment